Auto Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
DodgeStorm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Door Lock Issue

Hello,

Well, I just started driving my dads car out on my own. I figured I'd clean it up and fix the 'little details' in it..

...The passenger door lock on my 98 Neon sport has a problem. Whenever you flip the lock switch...if you will...all the doors lock except the passenger side. The motor goes...because you can cleary hear it...and it will continue to make the noise if it doesn't lock/unlock or triggered. I/my dad had this problem for about a year. Sometimes, the door will succesfully lock/unlock...but very seldomly and at random times.

I'm assuming/guessing that there is some problem with the motor of the lock...either the connection isn't right or it's just bad.

Anyone that can get me to any answers or be of any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: Auto Door Lock Issue

If you manually lock it and unlock it does it feel like its sticking? If not I bet its the motor.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:13 AM
DodgeStorm
Rookie

(First off...I like how I find this thread well over a year later and I never solved the problem.)

But Yes....the lock does feel like it is sticking somewhat.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 AM
DodgeStorm
Rookie

Well I took the the trim off, unplugged all the control rods and got to the main lock cylinder with the motor attached. I lubricated it but that did not help. So I am going to need to replace this part obviously. I can find handles for the doors online, but I can't find any latches/lock cylinder/whatever you want to call it. I'm thinking my only hope is to visit a junkyard.

If anyone has had any experience with this, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Auto Door Lock Issue