1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Got her started, now she wont re-start.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:20 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got her started, now she wont re-start.

alright well i got my old Neon started and running (will have a video soon, she has no exhaust yet lol) and pulled her out of the garage and turned her around so i could work on her outside. all i did was fix the coolant leak and put the front bumper back on and took the hanging muffler off and put a lock cylinder in the trunk so no one would just open it. anywho. i go to start it to pull it back into the garage and all i heard of click click click click then nothing. so i go and do it again and this time nothing at all. the starter is "new" from the junkyard and started the car fine so idk. but it sounds like the starter. all the lights work and theres no dimming of the lights so i know its not the battery. any ideas on what to look for? i did spray some water down by the radiator (very gentle) to get some of the coolant off the frame.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup. starter. blah! anyone know how to get a stripped screw out of the starter solenoid? i have a good starter but with a bad solenoid so i just want to try swapping the solenoids but cant get the bad solenoid out. i love our cars....had a neighbor tonight ask me if i enjoy working on cars or if my cars are just that much of a piece of crap that i need to work on them... my neighbors hate me....

Old 08-06-2008, 12:20 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

[QUOTE=neoncrazy101;1370669i love our cars....had a neighbor tonight ask me if i enjoy working on cars or if my cars are just that much of a piece of crap that i need to work on them... my neighbors hate me....[/QUOTE]

Same with my neighbors. The say stupid stuff like that to me all the time. Sometimes they call the cops on my. One time one of them called the cops for me riding a pocket rocket. Then later that day the cops came back because I was sitting on my neighbors property line, yea sitting on my butt. Bull. Neon haters!

Quick Reply: Got her started, now she wont re-start.