1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Struts and stuff

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
NWetRider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts and stuff

Hello all,
I am new to the forum although I am not new to Dodge. I have owned a 96 Neon 2 door MTX for a few years, the rear struts were shot so I replaced them with KYB GR-2 struts, a bit more money but I wanted something a little more stiff then stock. Here is where it get's strange, after replacing the struts(retaining the stock springs), the ride height of the rear increased 1+ inches. Any ideas what might cause this? or does anyone have a cure?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff M

Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably just the fact that the new struts aren't slagging as much as the old ones.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:46 AM
streetracer88
All Star

im wit crazy it was most likely because ur old ones were shot so it was sagging and you got used to that look so know ur car aint saggin anymore andi dont think there is a cure unless u want to put lowering springs in it lol..

Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM
NWetRider

Originally Posted by streetracer88
im wit crazy it was most likely because ur old ones were shot so it was sagging and you got used to that look so know ur car aint saggin anymore andi dont think there is a cure unless u want to put lowering springs in it lol..

I think your probably right, I'll either live with it or find some lowering springs. I see a lot of "coil over" adjustable type on Ebay but I am pretty sure they are cr*p. Plus I don't really want to lower the front, just the rear a small amount.

Quick Reply: Struts and stuff