1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

misfiring issues...its somethin simple

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 09:49 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No no no....swap the Cylinder 1 injector with the...say #2 injector. Then see if the misfire moves to #2. If so, then there is your problem.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i fixed it. i rescanned it and got 3 codes. cylinder 1 misfire, miltiple cylinder misfire, and primary/secondary ignition coil circuit voltage malfunction. so i bought a new coil pack and wires and now its 100 percent. so apparently both my coil packs are bad. but thanks anyway das i love how theres always someone here to help and give me possible problems.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

Ya can use the dohc injectors....rewire the plugs and space the fuel rail...I have it this way on mine because summit gave me the wrong injectors it a simple *** and a lot cheapr than buyin new ones

Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 PM
justinsanders
Captain

actually guys i thought i fixed it but apparently not i put the new coil pack plugs n wires in and it was fine throughout the day that day but the next night it started doin the exact same thing again with the horrible misfiring so i got a code 12 43 and 54 code 54 was a bad camshaft position sensor so i replaced it and once again everything was perfect but after drivin it around and drivin it hard it will start misfirin again. now it seems to be ok whenever i let it sit for a while. however now it wont even throw a code so now im starting to think its a bad computer the only other things i could change that has to do with ignition timing is crank position sensor and knock sensor. but idk anymore im bout to just swap my dohc in however i wanted to build it first. what could it be?

Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 PM
justinsanders
Captain

well nevermind i ges but i started swappin my sohc to my spare dohc. so i got the sohc out and the dohc completly bolted up but the stock wiring harness seems to be way to short. also the cam position sensor plugs right in to the dohc from the stock sohc harness?? i thought i hada splice a new plug on? its a 97 sohc harness and im puttin in a 98 doch motor. i swapped starters and alternators so it would plug and play but im confused because the cam sensor plugs right in and the harness seems to be too short to reach everything for this motor. also i dont remember where every plug goes is there any way i can find a diagram or something showing me where which plug goes to which sensor?

Quick Reply: misfiring issues...its somethin simple