1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Help please? 1995 neon

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Joshwaneff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please? 1995 neon

When it comes to cars, im a newb -.- ive got a book, and it helped alot so far, but i need proffesional advice at this point.

I recently bought a 1995 plymouth neon sport from some people out of town. apparently they had replaced the engine with a newer 2000 engine and a newer transmission.

heres my problem. in the morning when i go to start the car, it starts fine, it idles fine, moving slowly at first it does fine. however when i start to accelerate it jumps, stumbles, bucks, whatever you want to call it. and i have to give it less gas and just go slow or else it kills it. (when i do kill it, it sits for 10 seconds and starts right back up everytime). after ive driven it about a mile and it warms up, its fine, i can slam down on the gas and it just goes no problem. when i turn it off and leave it sit for 5 minutes, it will start back up again fine and run fine. but if i leave it sit until it gets cold again, it does the same thing. IT ONLY DOES IT COLD ?!?! so ive been running seafoam through it, and i replaced the fuel filter. (it needed an oil change to but i think thats unrelated) but it still stumbels cold? any comments? help please

Old 11-07-2008, 02:55 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

kinda sounds like a bad o2 sensor.

"The oxygen sensor must be hot (about 600 degrees or higher) before it will start to generate a voltage signal, so many oxygen sensors have a small heating element inside to help them reach operating temperature more quickly. The heating element can also prevent the sensor from cooling off too much during prolonged idle, which would cause the system to revert to open loop."

http://www.autotap.com/articles/Unde...n_Sensors.html

Old 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is there a check engine light?

Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

tps (throttle positioning sensor) is not getting enough voltage or too much.

Quick Reply: Help please? 1995 neon