1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Squeeking and creaking front end

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeeking and creaking front end

Ugh, just got my car home for the first time from a 4 hour drive, and noticed I've got some ft end issues to work out. I'm thinking ball joints, because there's no play in the wheel or vibrations, but when I turn i get squeeks. I also get squeeks on acceleration and decelleration. nothing when coasting.
I'll take a look at it tomorrow, but I'm wandering if anyone can give me insite to what to expect on a neon with 150k on it? If it's the ball joints, how much of a bitch are they to install? It's pretty nippy out, should I just get new control arms with new joints already installed? Ebay $130 for both...

Any other ideas what I should expect?
Tks for your time
~Nate

Old 11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

check you CV joints while your there.

Old 11-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional

When it was in the air at the shop, I had them check out the ft end. It's all tight. When you turn the wheels, there's a squeek from the mount. The drivers side strut is leaking, and the rears are worn out too.

New struts and mounts in the near future, what suggestions? I dont wanna lower it, or need anything real high performance... Just a good ride and something that I dont need to replace every oil change.
Been looking at the monroes... around $68 each, mounts around $30 each... Sound about right?

Tks
~Nate

Quick Reply: Squeeking and creaking front end