1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Left turn signal problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:44 PM
DCFreak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left turn signal problem

Hi, I am having a problem with my left turn signal that I hope someone can help me with! I have a 99 Neon and when I turn the left turn signal on, the light on the dashboard flashes very quickly. The front turn signal flashes at the same fast speed, but the rear turn signal (left) doesn't flash at all. Thinking the bulb was burned out, I replaced the bulb - I took the number listed in the owners manual and got a new one and followed the instructions to replace it, but it didn't change anything.

The brake light on the left also doesn't work. If I turn on the hazards, it doesn't flash on the left rear either. However, the tail light is illuminated when I have the lights on. The back-up lights also work fine on the left. I'm having no problems with the right turn signal and all other lights on the car work fine.

Doesn't the same bulb operate all of the rear left lighting? Why would some functions work and not others? If it was a fuse, wouldn't more of my lights not work? I have some very basic knowledge of cars and will do some minor work on my car (that doesn't require much more than following directions!), but I don't know a lot of technical terms.

Any ideas would be really helpful as well as how easy it is to fix (so I can know if I can do it myself) or if I need to take it to a mechanic and how long it might take for them to repair. Thanks!

Old 11-19-2008, 11:24 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it sounds like there could be a short in the wires OR a problem with the turn signal switch.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 AM
DCFreak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks - how would I go about diagnosing these?

Quick Reply: Left turn signal problem