1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Flowmasters on neon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok then, I'd use a DOHC muffeler for more UDP or ATX-TB moneys... Everything I've been reading says if you're DOHC to leave the muffler alone for a while because it flows pretty well stock. I dont know what a junkyard muffler goes for by you, but they're like $10 by me... $50 installation would be a bit high IMHO if you supply the muffler with enough piping attached so they only need to cut to fit... But I've never had it done before. They may need to add some hangers, so whatever they're asking is justified. It's a simple DIY if you know someone with a welder...

~Nate

Last edited by Nates_expresso; 11-29-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:57 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you dont care about wanting a different tone, then the dohc muff will work fine

Old 12-01-2008, 12:22 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

Depending on when you need it, I'd give you mine for free, just pay shipping. Bolts right up. I need more growl, though. My manifold has a crack in it, and I hear that more than I hear the muffler!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:24 AM
oobical
Amateur

I am not sure where south lebanon is from Dayton, but if you are close to where I am at I can lend a hand, there is a muffler guy I go to that did most of my exhausts for 20 bucks, that is to put it on and weld it. flowmaster will give you a loss in mpg, but not enough to matter but will give you a noticable throttle response over stock because of the flow, I was considering upgrading to a straight resonator and an unresonated exhaust tip due to affordability over sound.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:16 PM
bleger12

I instlled a Bosal muffler on mine and it sounds great! Notsure about a Flowmaster, but mine has a 4 1/2 tip and sounds beefy! Exhaust upgrades are a must have on any Neon!

Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
monkeyboywynn

I bought a DOHC muffler for my 98 SOHC for 10 bucks from a slavage yard. Merely required some WD40, a 15MM socket and brute force to replace in the driveway. Took about 30 mins. I really didn't notice any difference in sound or performance. Certainly not a deep growl. I checked out some examples on You Tube and bought a DYNOMAX cat back for 180. It's 2.5" piping as opposed to the stock 2.25" and sounds great on a few cars on You Tube. Should be a direct bolt on with 1 weld at the CAT. Will be deliverde this week.

Quick Reply: Flowmasters on neon?