Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle body spacers?

Ok ok ok ok ok

Last edited by ajpranger; 03-18-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Too much controversy
Old 12-27-2008, 05:21 PM
bleger12
Default Throttle spacers

I installed a spacer plate on my 98 Neon and I feel that it made a huge difference. I gained a few mpg as well as an incredible throttle response. The spacer(depending on design) will give a whistling noise on higher rpms and turns heads as you speed by. I feel it was worth the money, myself.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Nates_expresso
Professional

Theres no way you got 35mpg traveling at 118mph for 50 min. Something is wrong in your calculation.
~Nate

Old 12-27-2008, 11:15 PM
ajpranger
Professional

Originally Posted by Nates_expresso
Theres no way you got 35mpg traveling at 118mph for 50 min. Something is wrong in your calculation.
~Nate
well this is how i calculated. i topped off before i left and when i got back i topped of it was a total of 240 miles. 120 one way. on the way back was the speed trip. and i topped it off right under 7 gallons when i got back. you might say speedo is off but i double checked mapquest to get actual miles. if you know a better way to calculate let me know and i try it that way. now i will mention i was alone and car was empty no weight to it. and the minute someone else gets in the car with me i notice a difference in gas mileage. at highway speed by myself i get 40-45. depending on wind, road conditions and whether or not there are any hills. now with the wife and baby and a suitcase. 35-40 same conditions. i like keeping the trunk empty and the car clean it makes a difference it makes the car proud to run. lol

you know i read on a forum somewhere about taking the weather stripping off of the hood. i thought whatever, but i tried it and i noticed a slight difference in highway driving. nothing around town that i could notice but highway got 1-2 mpg more.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 PM
tjnorton13

id really like to know how ur 40-45 mpg.... iv got 2 neons 96 and 99... both run beautifully no problems, both get about 32 mpgs on highway at 70mph... both always empty....

Old 01-21-2009, 10:15 PM
ajpranger
Professional

i run fully synthetic mobil 1 5w30 and i change plugs and wires every 10k miles. and when i say traveling empty i mean empty nothing but me in the car no papers in the glove box, center console, or trunk. also i had everthing underneath the whole car replaced last summer, that is suspension wise and tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings. car is literally like brand new. i took it to a local shop and they tuned it up and the had a computer guy and he claims that he fine tuned the computer, i dont know if he did anything or not but i immediately noticed a jump in gas mileage. on that particular trip that i mentioned i had both ac delete and power steering bypass. i have the power steering hooked up now, but ac delete.

Last edited by ajpranger; 01-21-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 PM
ajpranger
Professional

also take the back weatherstripping off, where your hood meets the engine bay. engine runs a little cooler, the cooler your engine the more efficient it runs.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:18 PM
ajpranger
Professional

Light Wheels make a bid difference too. a Buddy of mine gave me these wheels they came off of a Ford Festiva. and they are super light and nice looking too

Quick Reply: throttle body spacers?