1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

car stalling need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 12:40 PM
opie9797
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car stalling need help

95 neon 2.0 sohc car runs good but some time it stalls out for no reason but fires back up and runs fine afterwards i changed plugs and wires some fuel components but still stalls could it be the voltage regulator or idle control sensers cause its pissing me off

Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 AM
saturnracecar
Old 12-03-2008, 09:30 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Good info Saturn, I am having the same issues but have neglected to look into it. I have been using my 4 door for all my travels.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:31 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

So I guess the hunt is on for a naked wire, whoo-hoo! Definitely sounds like an electrical short or bad ground. Can't be a fuel issue since fuel pumps die for good. The ECM can tell if a sensor is bad and send an alarm, but shorts and bad grounds are not detected, right? That's how it was for my chevy celebrity, pontiac 6000 and cutlas cierra. (and why I hate GM)

Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 AM
l33tn3wb3r
Rookie

Originally Posted by GLXRustang
So I guess the hunt is on for a naked wire, whoo-hoo! Definitely sounds like an electrical short or bad ground. Can't be a fuel issue since fuel pumps die for good. The ECM can tell if a sensor is bad and send an alarm, but shorts and bad grounds are not detected, right? That's how it was for my chevy celebrity, pontiac 6000 and cutlas cierra. (and why I hate GM)
Well funny thing. My car did the same thing. I got really lucky and found a bare wire touching the head of my engine. I had fuel pressure, my pump worked, but it felt like i was losing gas..so i figured...electrical...i might have a bare wire thats shorting out my pump. Well when you're in FRONT of your car looking straight at your engine, at the back right corner of your head theres a wire that comes off the fuel injectors. it wraps around the right side and moves back. I assumed that since your engine torques when you step on the gas, it probably created enough friction over time to rub away the rubber on the wire and made it bare...I used some electrical tape and haven't stalled since . You may or may not get that lucky though haha.

Quick Reply: car stalling need help