1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I hate my door!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:22 AM
kabuk1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate my door!!!

My driver's side door is misaligned with the body of the car. It makes a loud pop & a creak when I open it all the way, It CLANKS when I close it, it sags a little, and no matter how many adjustments I make I cannot get the damn window to line up right. The passenger door is perfectly fine. I know the driver's side door is a replacement b/c it's silver while the rest of the door is minty green(under the chiptastic black paint lol), so maybe that's why it's not fitting well.

Would replacing the door pins fix this problem?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:14 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it hitting the fender?

Are you sure it's an American part? There are some slight differences in Neon made neons vs Mexico made neons.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:25 PM
GLXRustang
Professional

The window alignment is done behind the door panel. There is a rubber stop on the rail and the rail can be adjusted up and down. So for the door..

Ususally, the door hinge can be adjusted, though I am not in front of my neon to describe very well. It usually involves loosening the hinge where it mounts to the body and having a friend tilt the door up if its sagging. When I look at it after work, i'll post a reply.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:19 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 97 coupe does it as well. its from the stopper. or whatever it is that bar that as you open the door you can see it middle-down. its held in by like 2 10mm bolts. Least thats the reason why mine does it. It doesn't bother me really. cept when I'm around car guys or girls lol.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:25 AM
kabuk1
Professional

^ Exactly- it's embarrassing as hell when your door clanks like an old POS.

I know how to adjust the window, that's the easy part! Its just that I have to KEEP DOING IT every month or so because of this stupid door. As soon as I get it fitting good, the door eaks into a different position & I'm back to square one.

How would I tell where the door was made? It's not hitting the fender but it does seem to have a slightly larger gap between the rear body of the car than the passenger door does.

Quick Reply: I hate my door!!!