1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Stock VS Megasquirt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 AM
GLXRustang
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock VS Megasquirt?

What all does the stock PCM do for the car? (dumb question, I know) Does it just run the engine, or does it also control cruise and power windows and gauges as well? If I converted to megasquirt, which accessories would I lose?

Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

all u will have to do is run ms as a piggyback, tapping into ur ecu harness and over riding ur stock settings and running the car off of the ms.... (kinda tricking ur ecu if u will) u will still have ur stock ecu inplace for ur windows, exc. on the second gen u will only be tapping into one of the harnesses going to ur ecu, the other one is left alone.... i am not sure if it is the same on a first gen though.....

if interested in ms, i have half a built ms2 for sale i will let go cheap... i got a built one from spickey mikey and dont need the ms 2 anymore.... pm me if u r interested.... (make offer)

Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
sabin420
Captain

I got a megasquirt question too. does it allow you to plug in a laptop and add a customized remap of the fuel curve and spark advance for DYNO testing and test and tune track time, and recalibrate the speedo for tire size?

Quick Reply: Stock VS Megasquirt?