1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Random turn signal speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
lexxerd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random turn signal speed

This is not as much of a problem as it is just straight out weird. At random and sometimes it doesnt happen for weeks, my left turn signal will go into hyper speed and blink fast on the dash board and the actual turn signal light in the rear. Ive also noticed that when its having its little temper tantrum if my lights are on, the left turn signal dash light stays solid when not actually using the turn signal. It blinks when I use it but stays solid when im not. But than at random it goes back to normal. Id actually prefer it to be fast all the time, but Im not aware of anyway to do that with a stock PCM. Could this be a bad PCM though or what?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:59 PM
streetracer88
All Star

sounds like you have the same problem i had with my 95 neon come to find out it was the turn signal switch itself but if that doesnt fix your problem then you could have a electrical problem in your dash

Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
lexxerd

Originally Posted by streetracer88
sounds like you have the same problem i had with my 95 neon come to find out it was the turn signal switch itself but if that doesnt fix your problem then you could have a electrical problem in your dash
The turn signal switch within the steering wheel column?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
streetracer88
All Star

yes thats what was wrong with mine and it sounds just like what was wrong with mine unless you do have a bulb out somewhere?or check your fuses and replace it even if its not blown could be on it way out

Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
lexxerd

Originally Posted by streetracer88
yes thats what was wrong with mine and it sounds just like what was wrong with mine unless you do have a bulb out somewhere?or check your fuses and replace it even if its not blown could be on it way out
Yeah ill try another fuse. Where you able to get the switch and a part store or online or did you have to go to a scrap yard?

Old 04-03-2009, 08:15 PM
streetracer88
All Star

i got mine off of ebay i figured it would be cheaper lol...but you can prolly get it from a parts store but im not going to guarantee anything as i bought mine off ebay like i said but go the cheap was for now and check the fuse if it does it after you replaced the fuse for your turn signal then if it doesnt fix it then do what i did

Quick Reply: Random turn signal speed