1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

boost control

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
rayraydoet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost control

hey guys my turbo kit im trying to make my turbo boost past 6 psi right now it only hiting 4 psi but i cant get it to go past 6 psi i have electronic controler from apexi it has rpm based boost seting and duty setings i get the best response out of 90% duty and i got to set it to .60 to get 6 psi when 6 psi i belave in metric is .42 so what do you think? i checked for boost leaks i tightened al my t bolt clamps to the max i put clamps on y vac lines tightened my intake bolts and put new gaskets. what could it possible be?? maybe and exhaust leak? but if i set the boost higher then i want it it should stil reach my boost im looking to get even if i got a small leak in the exhaust. im not sure. im guna do a leak down test with a boost gauge i got that is round with a tire valve and a gauge in it and im guna presureize the intake tract and listen for leaks. its just pissing me off thati cant get it to boost past 6 psi. any one no what i should set my duty at on my controler? or am i talking spanish here with te duty. duty is how reactive the solinoid controls the wastegate i belave. i was guna try pulling the vac line off the turbo and see if it boosts past 6 ill let off b4 it hits 10 psi so i dont hurt nothing but i just cant fignure it out someone help me out here

Quick Reply: boost control