1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Parking lights w/ Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 07:19 PM
DodgeStorm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking lights w/ Fog Lights

Curious question...is there anyway I can get the fog lights to come on with only the parking lights? I see many cars around here like that and have had previous ones able to do that but Neons can't.
Is it a wiring thing or is it programmed in the computer? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:09 PM
ldiablo233
Professional

It is wired to do that. you could easily change it, one way would be to wire one to ground and one to one of the turn lights(there 3 wires so just trial and error), or you could find which wires are for the parking lights at the light switch and wire it to them(better way).

Old 06-29-2009, 01:33 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Pull out the fog light/rear defogger panel
2. Cut the violet with white tracer wire, leaving as much as possible attached to the connector for the fog light switch.
3. Tape and tie the free end of the violet with white where it comes out of the harness. You don't want this shorting on anything!
4. Strip the free end of the violet with white wire that's still connected to the fog light switch connector.
5. Strip a small section of the white wire that comes from the rear defog switch. DO NOT cut this wire, strip a section to make a splice. This is the third wire from the top.
6. Connect the stripped end of the violet with white wire to the white wire. Wrap tightly and solder. Tape and tie to prevent shorts.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 AM
DodgeStorm
Rookie

Originally Posted by das2123
1. Pull out the fog light/rear defogger panel
2. Cut the violet with white tracer wire, leaving as much as possible attached to the connector for the fog light switch.
3. Tape and tie the free end of the violet with white where it comes out of the harness. You don't want this shorting on anything!
4. Strip the free end of the violet with white wire that's still connected to the fog light switch connector.
5. Strip a small section of the white wire that comes from the rear defog switch. DO NOT cut this wire, strip a section to make a splice. This is the third wire from the top.
6. Connect the stripped end of the violet with white wire to the white wire. Wrap tightly and solder. Tape and tie to prevent shorts.
Thanks for the instructions! But just to clarify for me...this won't affect the operation of the rear window defogger or any of the lights negatively, correct? I will still be able to turn the fogs on and off?
Thanks again for the help!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:20 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't affect anything else at all.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:24 AM
DodgeStorm
Rookie

Alright, thats great to hear. I'll get out there and get it done then.

Quick Reply: Parking lights w/ Fog Lights