1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 neon sport issue with guages and belt squeeling with a/c

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Matthew_edmonds
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 neon sport issue with guages and belt squeeling with a/c

so i have this 97 neon dohc 5 speed coupe. no real problems with the mechanical side of it but it has two problems

the first problem is that the gauge cluster isnt working. it will work fine then it might freeze or the speedometer will stop working then start working again with out a problem then go back to not working some times when i hit the the dash above the gauges they work for a short time. this started randomly about a month or so after i bought the car. ive replaced the cluster once already and the same issues occur

the second problem is when ever i turn on the vent/ ac every cople of minutes there will be a high pitched squeel at first i thought this was the main belts i replaced them and the issue persisted any ideas on what this is and how to fix it

i would be greatly apprectiative if i could get some help with this

Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this should fix your gauges ...https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...er-repair.html ...just follow that link.and with the squealing when you replaced your belt were you certain to get it tight i know i replaced mine it was great for a month then it started making noise again i guess it stretched out so i tightened it up and no more noise

Quick Reply: 97 neon sport issue with guages and belt squeeling with a/c