1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

what cars come stock with a 58 psi fpr

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what cars come stock with a 58 psi fpr

im trying to find me a 58 psi fpr for cheap im not gonna pay 90 dollars for one off modern. there are no 2nd gen neons in any junkyard around here. so im wondering what the stratus's had in them as fas as fuel. i dont understand y you need to run 24lb injectors or 58 psi fpr if you use the 2.4 engine in a neon if the stratus has the same injectors and fpr as a neon. if thats not tru please correct me. did the stratus come with a 58 psi fpr or larger injectors?

either way im looking for a car that came stock with a 58 psi fpr a 2nd gen neon is too new to be in any junkyards around here so what else did they come in thats older than them. i would like to run rrfpr but i dont have the time patience knowledge or money to do the spool boy mod right now i just want to supply my 2.4 turbo with enough fuel for now. i have 24 lb injectors in right now but apparently thats not enough so i need to find a 58 psi fpr please help me guys thanks...

Old 08-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

You need to do a fuel return line system, and your running stock or stage one injectors on a 70 trim turbo??? You are way under fueled for that big of a turbo, I will be running a 60-1 and I am looking at 1000cc injec, course 750 are good but only if you want to stay around 20-25 psi, and my new turbo peaks at 32 psi. I built my own return line for about $250ish, and ordered everything through summitracing, but I got a OBX fuel rail off ebay. Do you have a wide band, curious to know what your afr are with that small of injectors

Old 08-01-2009, 11:24 PM
justinsanders
Captain

i found a 58psi fpr and im running that and the 24lb injectors but it doesn't really help at all. but it doesn't make sense to me y it doesn't run when i give it more than 1/4 trottle even in neutral. it doesn't even barley boost in neutral so y would it run horrible before it boosts

Old 08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by justinsanders
but it doesn't make sense to me y it doesn't run when i give it more than 1/4 trottle even in neutral.
mixture sounds incorrect

Quick Reply: what cars come stock with a 58 psi fpr