1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

run fuel return line through the evap hard line?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:36 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default run fuel return line through the evap hard line?

i have realized that i must get a rrfpr and make a return line. i was under my car today and realized that the evap canister is fed by a hard line like the fuel feed and brake lines. i was wondering if i could use that line as a return. and dont shoot me down if you aren't positive that it wont work. also i was thinkin about runnin the return right into the tank somewhere instead of the top of the canister this way i wont have to modify the canister other than to bypass the stock regulator. again please dont just tell me that it wont work unless it really wont for some reason honestly i really dont see y i wouldnt be able to do this.

and i dont really need to run the return in the top to cool the fuel pump right? i mean it is soaked in gas most of the time and gas is being pumped up through it all the time.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:09 AM
justinsanders
Captain

and sorry for posting this multiple times my internet was messed up and i kept clicking the button. i tried to see if i could delete the other 2 duplicate posts but i couldn't find out how to.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:57 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

the return should go into the gas tank doesnt really matter how or where.

if you use the evap hard line you could have problems with creating a negative pressure inside the gas tank do it it loseing its vent.
Still it sounds possible depending on how well the line hold up and if you add a vent.BTW what is the line made out of?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
justinsanders
Captain

it already has 2 vents on it stock. one goes to the fill neck and one is a rollover vent. i could always add another vent easily tho. but the evap line is the same metal as the fuel feed line i think its just a little bit smaller in size.

Quick Reply: run fuel return line through the evap hard line?