1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
clifjb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas

Hey what, i have a 95 neon sport and i havent had the car for long and i was just asking for some opinions on what i can do to upgrade the engine to make it run better, sound cool, and look cool if possible. If you have any ideas for the body or the outside of the car i am open to some ideas. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:53 AM
casper
Legend
Default RE: any ideas

There is a million things you can do. Just browse the pages here and you will get some ideas.

Old 03-29-2005, 03:54 AM
RayDog26
All Star

how much money you looking to spend thats a key factor.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:53 AM
chud298
Record Breaker

A cold air intake is a good start. You get a little bit more power, not too much, and it's gives the car a little sound too. Those can range from 200-250 dollars

Old 03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
jimmasterK
Veteran

Or do a 3.0 intake (like I'm planning on doing) which will cost you about $15 plus the K&N cone filter, and get almost the same results as a CAI. At the very least, if you want to get rid of that really high annoying whining noise the car makes at higher RPMs, if your car is like mine and has that little plastic box going across the top of the engine, undo the nut on that, pop that bad boy off, and see how she sounds. She'll still have a little bit of a whine, but not near as bad. (Unless, unaware to me, this creates some sort of adverse problem, and if so, someone please notify me of that so I can put that back on!)

Old 03-30-2005, 02:33 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: jimmasterK

Or do a 3.0 intake (like I'm planning on doing) which will cost you about $15 plus the K&N cone filter, and get almost the same results as a CAI. At the very least, if you want to get rid of that really high annoying whining noise the car makes at higher RPMs, if your car is like mine and has that little plastic box going across the top of the engine, undo the nut on that, pop that bad boy off, and see how she sounds. She'll still have a little bit of a whine, but not near as bad. (Unless, unaware to me, this creates some sort of adverse problem, and if so, someone please notify me of that so I can put that back on!)
What is a 3.0 intake?? Yes if you take the air box off and do not put a filter on there somewhere you will have big problems. You will be sucking dirt and leaves or whatever into your motor, it won't run for long after that. Just get a K&N from autozone and put it on. If you just want the sound and don't care about the true CAI, pick up a short ram from ebay for like $20. Thats the best way to do it.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is a 3.0 intake??
its using the intake tube from a chrysler 3.0 as a cold air intake for the neon. try searching neonspeed.com or neons.org about it, theres posts everywhere about it
Yes if you take the air box off and do not put a filter on there somewhere you will have big problems. You will be sucking dirt and leaves or whatever into your motor, it won't run for long after that.
eh, if all they do is take off the snorkel as stated (the part that comes across the motor) then they still have the filter in the airbox

Quick Reply: any ideas