1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

My Neon

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
thecause17
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Neon

I've been a member on the forum here for a while, although I don't post much. I'm here primarily for my '07 Dakota, but I figured I'd post here for my other car.

I picked it up last week. '99 Neon, SOHC, auto, 64k miles. It's in pretty good shape, and I'm working on any of the issues that is does have. It has almost no options, other than A/C and the auto tranny. I may be swapping in factory cruise control in the near future. I will say it's fun to drive, but the auto kills it, at least from a stop, but I needed something that my wife would also be able to drive, and she will not learn how to drive a manual. I bought it mostly to save gas and keep the miles off of my Dakota. I drive about 30-35k a year and I don't want to put that all on my truck.

I do plan on doing a few things to the car, nothing serious, probably mostly suspension, whether it's just to stock R/T components or otherwise. I already have a gauge cluster with tach on the way, I installed the spoiler in the pic thismorning, but for now I'm mostly catching up on maintanance for now.

Last edited by thecause17; 02-13-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM
chandlerdoom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your car is clean, I have the same color and only 6k more miles than you. I only wish my tire didnt blow out completly ruining my fender, which lead to me getting mad and just throwing the spare at the fender. I had no air in the spare which I had to drive 2 hours on a rim

but nice car

Quick Reply: My Neon