1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Front End Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 03:11 PM
neon_man
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Front End Issues

My front end shakes a whole lot.. Whenever I let go of the gas pedal the whole front end shakes bad, even the steering wheel. I thought it was the tires because they were pretty worned out, so I bought some new ones and it still doing it. Could the front brakes have anything to do with the shaking......

Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Your brake pads could be worn out. Your brake rotors could be warped and/or uneven due to gouges. You could also have issues with the calipers not gripping and releasing properly. What does your car do when you push the brake pedal? Do you feel any vibrations then? Do you hear squeaking, squealing, or grinding?

When was the last time your brakes were checked/changed? If it has been 50K miles or better, get them checked (it is free and they will tell you what you need). Be prepared to replace rotors and pads. Also, check the rear brakes too. Even though the rear brakes wear at about 1/2 the rate of the front ones, you could need to get new rear brake shoes as well - especially if your rear shoes are pushing 100K miles. You may only need to adjust them up some, and they will do that when they check it - hint hint...

You may also have issues with the steering linkages going bad (tie rod ends, etc.). You may even have issues with the struts, but most likely, it is the brakes.

Quick Reply: Front End Issues