1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97dohc running/starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
chaxxman1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97dohc running/starting issues

I have a problem with my 97dohc 5speed. The problem only started when we went from 10C to -15C and back 10C in less than 24hours. Car was drove to work fine in the morning, then went to start mid afternoon and the car stalled out and died. Had fuel, had spark, reset computer and the car ran again. Then while driving, coming to a stop or slowdown car would stall occationally. 4days later after computer reset I had to reset it again for it to start/run. I checked the error codes and it shows the cpu reset for a code and thats it.
I have owned this car from brand new and always have kept it tuned.
The only thing that I have done at this point to diagnose was to make sure there was fuel line anti-freeze and fuel injector treatment.
I would appriciate any thoughs/suggestions as to what may be causing this. I will post any resolve when I have it figured out.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:40 PM
chaxxman1

Update, not too much to tell, still havent figured out what is causing the issue. The only thing I have figured out is that when coming off the gas fast the car is prone to stall out, but if I come off the gas easy it does not stall, plugs look like they are burning a bit lean but it is going through more fuel.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:40 PM
expresso

any trouble when taking a corner fast? if the engine starts to starve and wants to stall could be a fuel pump on its way out.

Quick Reply: 97dohc running/starting issues