1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Pacesetter Header install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005 | 06:00 PM
98Neon4Door
|
Professional
Default Pacesetter Header install ?'s

Should be getting my header this week and just wanted to know if there is anything I should be prepaired to do or anything I need to watch out for. I need the car everyday and just don't want to run into any problems.

Old 04-27-2005 | 10:41 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Default RE: Pacesetter Header install ?'s

about the hardest part of the install really, is getting the stock stuff off :lol:
and then you have to cut the piping before the cat (the instructions with the header tells you where to cut at) and then the rest is pretty easy.

Old 04-27-2005 | 11:46 PM
98Neon4Door
|
Professional

Ya I actually got it at 12 today so I've got everything off other than the manifold (soakin it with liquid wrench) so I can get the bolts out easy. Already got a peice of 2.25' pipe so I can eliminate the cat might end up having to get a new muffler cuz shes loud now and without the cat in there I don't know what to expect.

Do you really have to take off the alternator or can it be done with it on?

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:26 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran

if i remember correctly- it can be done with the alt still on. its just a bit easier with it out.

itll sound like crap without a cat btw. lotsa rasp. not cool. not to mention the fact that youll most likely get the CEL from not having a cat.. (unless you have an afx race ecu, which i dont think you do)

Old 04-28-2005 | 03:49 AM
98Neon4Door
|
Professional

I'm not worried about the CEL for now (I'll just check for codes more often) and I like the raspy sound (just me...) and I did get it off without takeing the alt off just had to losen it and the upper bracket.

Never liked the sound of cars with cat's on just does something to the sound...

Old 04-29-2005 | 03:01 PM
98Neon4Door
|
Professional

Well got the header on, gettin the **** off was a bitch but putting it back together is a snap. Still have to get my pipe welded up so that I can drive it (legally).

Old 05-11-2005 | 12:39 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I hated the pace setter header I went and got the airmass technologies header for mine. Has the best sound and the header is a lot bigger then pace setter.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Header install ?'s