1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1gn Magnum Intake- HELP-Can I use Vtec Controller???

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 02:40 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1gn Magnum Intake- HELP-Can I use Vtec Controller???

Hi i'm looking around 2 see what other guys are using to activate the butterlfy's in thier magnum intakes on 1gn neons...i wanted 2 see if i could use just basic vtec controller, saw on neons.org theres a guy there that has a massive wireing set-up for using wot switch, relays, rpm switch etc, wanted 2 see if there was something more simple then all that wiring. heres a link 2 his write up....just wanted 2 see if any of the guys on here got away with vtec controller.http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=223974

just me a line wanna see what other guys have 2 say about it, was that the zexs wot switch he used was 178.00 bucks by itself...

Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the link you posted:

Originally Posted by Blaise
Sure did. There really wasn't much to it, all you have to do is run the VTEC solenoid wire (pink I think, I'll check if you ask) to a relay and that to the manifold. I think paying $50 extra for a VAFC over an SAFC and running that instead of all these RPM switch stuff is a lot simpler.

Boost Junkie posted a nice diagram somewhere here on .org, I'll have to find it.

Quick Reply: 1gn Magnum Intake- HELP-Can I use Vtec Controller???