1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

car doesnt start! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 09:42 PM
nitroneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car doesnt start! HELP!

Ok, a kid at my school unplugged my coil halfway. My car started and ran, i drove it for about 10 miles and it started misfiring BAD! Then it shut off and i cranked it a couple times and now it doesnt crank at all. The CEL is out and i know when i turn on the key its suppose to be on. I just bought this car so i dont know much about neons. Im a cavalier guy so thats what i know. Does anyone know whats wrong? Please help me out!

Old 05-18-2005, 11:10 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: car doesnt start! HELP!

might need to check the wires at the plug for the coil (not the spark plug wires, but the power wires that go to the coil from the ecu) to see if they fried themselves with the plug out like that.
id start there, and then look around a lot of the other wiring too, because with it not cranking at all, it sure sounds like a wiring issue to me.

Old 05-19-2005, 01:21 AM
nitroneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: car doesnt start! HELP!

well, I go to school and just came back from a state competition dealin with the same ****. I know how to go about it but I'm not familure with the neon's system. The wires you are talkin about are the ones that were half-unplugged. I plugged them back in and still, no crank. Im so frustrated. The Auto-shut-down relay is good. But i havent had a chance to check the wires and stuff yet. The good thing is the car is going to the shop tommorrow morning and the kid has to pay for all the repairs. I called the cops because I dont like the kid who did it and I was ready to pound his face into the shop floor at school. I'm to close to graduation to pull that kinda ****. So instead of getting arrested for breakin and entering and tampering with a motor vehicle he agreed to pay for all damages and repairs. Well thanks guys.

Quick Reply: car doesnt start! HELP!