1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Trying to get info on a srt swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM
yellowz24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get info on a srt swap

now, i have done the motor swap , the motor mounts are done, but i cant get it to run, i have the under the hood wiring for the srt and computer, and key, and key barrel, now under the dash i only have a harness out of a 01 sx 2.0. the car will wined over but will not actually run. the fuel pump kicks in and i have a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail and i think it reads 30-40psi, i have all the nessary harness plugged in : knock sensor, throttle body, map sensor, oil pressure, crank sensor, and camshaft sensor . does anyone have any ideas to help me alone with this. Now i pretty much have all the vaccum lines hooked up, and i checked to see if the car had spark, i notice cyl 2-4 the plugs were wet of gas but 1-3 were dry. now like i said before the cars computer, key, and transponder for the key, n under the hood harness came out of the srt-4. now i use to install remote starters for a living and if my memory serves me right if a dodge doesnt even see the proper key will not even crank, and the security light will flash, bbut with this car it is turning over, and no light is flashing, can anyone help with this or steer me in the right direction. Also, if the key was wrong wouldnt it come up a code? like (p1685) or something?

Last edited by yellowz24; 09-28-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: add to it
Old 11-06-2010, 09:17 AM
kxracer021
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont quote me on this, but i think that P1685 code is an invalid Key code. I had that same code come up a while ago on my '03, but my car still started and ran. Is the car throwin any other codes? and are the Cam and Crankshaft timed correctly?

Quick Reply: Trying to get info on a srt swap