1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:55 AM
msyvonne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me please

i have a 95 dodge neon and i that wont start please allow me to give u a brief history of the problem. first check engine light came on and car starting acting llike it want to cut off computer code check was open or shorted in the vaccum selnoid circuit. so we replaced crankshaft sensor. ran for a week or so same problem this time. now car is actually cutting off and will not start back up. we have replaced the computer,coil pack, we are not getting any spark to the coil pack. we did take it to a shop and they got it started and we were able to drive it home on the freeway the distance was about a 30 minute drive everything great till we got close to home and same thing car stalled no spark, and can you please tell me what other cars have the same engine as mine? HELP PLEASE I NEED MY CAR..

Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to check the codes and see what the car is identifying as the problem.

Visually examine the entire engine harness for frayed wires or loose connections. Particularly on the corner of the cylinder head near the throttle body.

Also check the wires and connector for the crank position sensor. This is located on the back of the engine, just above the oil filter.

The fuel pressure needs to be checked also. Bought a $30 fuel pressure gauge on ebay.

Fuel Pressure Gauge

Also look into a factory service manual. Will tell you all you need to know about your neon and more.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the check engine light back on?

are you planning on returning to the shop to tell them they did not fix the problem?

just a hunch but has anyone checked for a broke keyway? the time to check for that is when your doing the crank/ cam sensor. not uncommon on 1st gennies to brake keyways then the PCM doesnt know when to fire the coil. will act as if the cam/crank sensors are bad.

see this threadhttp://https://dodgeforum.com/forum/...ability-3.html

Last edited by hemi4spd; 12-13-2010 at 03:47 PM.