1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Battery light, interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:52 PM
rideordie
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery light, interior questions

Put a clutch kit in the neon on Sunday. Cleaned it out really well, runs good. In the process a ground off of the starter broke. We soddered it back on and reattached it. No problems. A battery terminal was old and cracked too, so I put a new one on the next day. After putting the car back together, the battery light is on. Turns off slightly after you start the car, and does not turn off at any point. I know the battery/alternator are fine. Checked them at work and they look good. Starter is fine as well. NO issues - but the light won't go off? Any ideas other than replacing the ground wire? Could it be a fluke?

Also, is the interior the same from 95-99 to 00+? Need to find some new door panels, etc.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:24 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

i had the same issue when i moved my battery to my trunk it ended up being a ground wire...im trying to remember which one. it was towards the front near the radiator i believe

Old 12-27-2010, 10:07 AM
bg1995redneon
Captain

Have you checked the two digit error codes (doing the key dance) and/or the 4 digit error codes (via the OBD-II port)? You may have a battery temp error (due to an unplugged or broken battery temp sensor) that causes the battery light to come on. A new one is $11.

Quick Reply: Battery light, interior questions