1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Im back after almost a year with some questions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im back after almost a year with some questions!!!

welcome me back lol. well long story short i sold the neon and just bought it back. now im in the process of rebuilding everything since the last idiot who had my car. nothing was damaged just want it to be fresh again.

well i started by pullin the motor and gettin a new harness and re pinned it for a 2.4. got the head fit with 1mm over valves bc retainers and springs and pt rockers and lifters and ported and polished. got the turbo rebuilt as well as my 4 puck clutch and now im working on gettin some good cams. i need your opinion on cams. i want best for performance obviously but needs to be streetable. im thinkin the bc stage 3/4 or the 4. i like the 2 since they have a turbo grind but id rather go a bit bigger since the head is completly built now to handle anything. i also was wondering if i should get the stage 3 bc cams for an srt4. doesnt matter to me i had to flip the magnet anyway for the 2.0 cams.

also had a question about my tranny. i have the sohc trans because of the longer gears i heard its better for turbo. anyway the little shaft that the tob rides on is broken somehow off my tranny. is this replaceable? if so how do u replace it? i figure you gotta crack the tranny down. if so ill just get another one at the jy for $100 with core. also need lsd. i was lookin at the phantom grip but keep in mind i dont have ps and i dont wanna fight the wheel too much more than i already have to. should i then get the qualife.

also need to buy a begi 2025 if anyone has one for sale please pm me. id like to eventually run a stand alone or afc but for now ill stick with the spool boy since id like to get it running right first then deal with a headache of wires later.

i would like some coil overs if anyone has any right now my neon has air ride the whole entire kit is complete id like to trade someone their coilovers for my bag kit if possible or if someone wanted to buy mine thatd be cool too lmk.

also would like to buy an intake mani since im running the stock one that i modded. i removed the injector humps and bottom plenum humps and removed the egr hole. if anyone wants to buy that ill sell it but i would like a box mani if anyone has one. side tb preferabally.

one last question. will the obx t3/t4 header work behind our heads? i have a quite large turbo to say the least it barley fits with the cast log mani but it looks as tho it will fit because the placement of the flange is really close to the head and offset toward the driver just like my log one is. heres a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...Q5fCarQ5fParts

sorry about the long post im just trying to do this right and im happy to be back

Quick Reply: Im back after almost a year with some questions!!!