1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Factory Amp?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:02 PM
HotSauce
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Amp?

Um trying to install a aftermarket cd player in my gf's 1995 Neon 2dr. I think i bumped wires accidently and may have blown a fuse. Does anyone know if there is a factory amp... if so where is it?!! PLZZ HELP ME.

Old 06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
catman22
Professional
Default RE: Factory Amp?

i have a 95 neon and i dont have a factory amp and i have never seen a factory any in any neon that i have worked on. are you using a wireing harness adapter for the cd player to hook into the factory wireing harness?

Old 06-20-2005, 11:08 PM
HotSauce

Yes, I am using a wiring harness... I tried pluggin it (new cd player) in. And it wouldnt turn on so then i tried using the old one again and it would NOT turn on either. I check the fuse on the drivers side door. Couldnt find another place for a fuse. Not sure whats wrong now. I'm almost certain the wiring harness is done correctly, checked and rechecked. anything else i need to check?

Old 06-21-2005, 01:04 AM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

mmm....if the wiring was correct it should work. If your cd player quit, try to reset it w/ a paper clip, if your stock doesnt work and u got the same harness hooked up it would have to be your FUSEs. If you put new fuse in and it keeps popping you have a short in the ground or shorted out in the power/12 volt mem./ DImmer/ so-on. Make sure you get good connections as well.

Old 06-21-2005, 11:02 PM
catman22
Professional

i seem to remember having a problem like that when i was installing my cd player and if i'me not mistaken it was a fuse in the fuse box under the hood by the battery that was my problem, the fuse that i had problems with apparently had nothing to do with the cd player power, i think it was the interior lamps fuse, it think that supplys the cd player with the power for its memory and if it dosent have memory power it should not power up.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:36 AM
HotSauce

Thanks CatMan, Ill check there tomerr. I checked the fuse by the drivers side door but it was ok. This helps out alot. Ill let you kno my findings. I think u may be right because the dome light quit working too. :S

Old 06-23-2005, 11:09 PM
HotSauce

I replaced the fuse under the hood by the battery, 10amp. It fixed the dome light..which is what the cover says it is for..and it also fixed the radio.. THANKS GUYS!!! Jeeya

Quick Reply: Factory Amp?