1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Cam question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:36 AM
dirt_track_racer_80jr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam question

Hey guys long time no see. Probably dont even remember me but i used to be addicted to this forum haha. Well im back.
My question pertains to the crane cams. My Cousin has just recently started racing the ministock class at our local dirt track. When i used to run that class i ran the crane 12. But my question is would it be better to run the crane 14. the engine is a 98 SOHC Its ported and pollished. with the automatic throttle body. Also has the mopar performance ecu. We are not allowed to run headers so we took the stock manifold and hogged it out as far as possible. We are eventually gonna put the r/t pistons in it to raise the compression but for this season the bottem end will be stock. I know that the motor is not much over stock but i only ask because we race on a 1/2 mile track. He will will constantly be in the higher rpms. Would the crane 14 outperform the crane 12 at higher rpms with the upgrades that are done so far. Thanks in advance. I know you guys wont let me down. When i was building my car a few years ago You guys steered me in the right direction. I won 32 features and 2 championships in My 2 years in the minstock class. And all of it was due to your expert opinions. O and my screen name used to be dirt_trac_racer_80jr. But i forgot the password to the account and the email.

Last edited by dirt_track_racer_80jr; 03-21-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We run on a ½ mile asphalt track. I don't like the crane profiles. The lobe centers are to wide and the durations are wrong for non-turbo applications. The 10 cam has better numbers.

Did you check Crower cams?

I'd check around for guys that can make you a cam for an NA application.

Quick Reply: Cam question