1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 neon head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 PM
hulmule
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 neon head gasket

I can pick up this 95 neon for $400. but it has a blown head gasket iam told. here's my questions. never worked on one of these. how much money am i getting into?,is it a hard job? all- yes water was in the oil and it was driven for 30 miles so i am told ?? i am told it was never overheaded- who knows .can the head be bad what else? i dont want to put a motor in it. the body is ok. looking for a mileage car. what do they get 30 mpg? just let me know what you guys think about what iam getting into and cost. thanks

Old 03-27-2011, 12:37 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For about $200 you can be up and running pretty quickly. www.modernperformance.com has headgasket kits for you to purchase. You will want to replace the water pump, timing belt and idler pulley at the same time for cheap insurance. Check your local auto parts store and compare prices. www.rockauto.com is where I got my parts from. You will need new head bolts as well.

Pull the head and put a straight edge on it to make sure it's straight and didn't warp due to overheating. Replace the plugs, PCV valve and put some fresh oil in there and enjoy about 30-35 mpg.

Quick Reply: 95 neon head gasket