1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

head ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM
wfo6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head ?s

Ok..I got a 95 neon racecar. I bought this car 2 yrs ago. It is bad fast. I got a head for it that's ben ported and polished. It also has ben shaved down pretty far. I put the head on last year and bent the exhaust valves on cly 2 and 3. I thought maybe I didn't have it timed right so I put new valves in and tried it again...same result. So I just stuck the stock head back on and ran all of last year with it. This year I want more power to really kick ***. My ? Is that is the head shaved too far and junk or is there somethin I could try to get this head on my motor??? Also where would be a good place to get a cam for it? If I put a bigger cam in how will that affect the timing, ecu, and ect? And help would be much appreciated.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOHC or SOHC?

From what I have read before in other posts here. Because you shaved the head way down, you also have to adjust the timing ( I believe to 5deg BTDC) to avoid the piston contact you are seeing. You better double check that yourself by reading the older posts on that.

From other reading I have done on posts here, there is a variable cam kit you can buy for a DOHC engine, but I don't remember reading about one being available for a SOHC engine, but it may exist.

Quick Reply: head ?s