1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Burning tranny Fluid ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 05:23 AM
Keteyian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Burning tranny Fluid ???

Hi I'm new to the forums and would like to present fellow forum members with a problem Im having and see if yall can help me. I 've own a 95 plymouth neon and Im having problems with a possible leak with transmission fluid...the vehicle has 150k miles. Just resently this has happended. I'll top off the tranny with fluid then drive anywhere from 1 -25 miles and it is if I put no fluid in at all. I check for leaks and there are none under the car though when I check the dipstick levels the tranny case is bone dry. The engine runs very hot and a smell emits as though Im BURNING TRANNY FLUID?!?!?! I can only guess that if it leaks it only does when im DRIVING?! But the mystery is that I run the vehicle a short distance with fluid levels topped off and when I stop I got a bone dry tranny case and smell with NO visible leaks under the car WTF over?!?!? If I attempt to drive more than 25 miles my automatic tranny wont shift out of 2nd gear and or it will not even shift into drive..though it will "drive" in low 2nd.. Help me please before I drive this effing car into the Grand River.[:@]

Old 07-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Neon Lights
Default RE: Burning tranny Fluid ???

so no leaks eah? have you checked if the fluid was getting into the rad (break between the cooler and rad). the fluid has to go somewhere. also is it wet beside the belhousing?

Old 07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Burning tranny Fluid ???

It has to be going somewhere, the ground, radiator or something. Did you get under the car and look real good? Try jacking up the car and running the car with the wheels off the ground, that should help you find the leak.

Quick Reply: Burning tranny Fluid ???