1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

camshaft sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:37 PM
RebelX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camshaft sensor

im attempting to replace the camshaft sensor on my 95 dodge neon sohc. having extended cranking time before starting...6-10 seconds. stumbling when first put into gear.

i have replaced the fuel filter just to be safe thinking maybe it was partially plugged.

i bought a Master Pro Ignition cam sensor from oriellys. part# 2-96079 with new plug/pigtail wires.

i installed it last night. carefully matched the wires up same as the old ones. but the car would not start even after 10-15 seconds of cranking...got mad...so i stopped for the night.

reinstalled the old one this morning and hooked up the old plug harness and it fired right up after the recent 6-10 seconds of cranking...

did i get a defective sensor or have my wires wrong? also is there somewhere i can purchase a MOPAR oem sensor instead of the cheapy autoparts stores one.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:35 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you are trying to crank are you getting any codes? Try the key dance and see if it pulls any codes.

Try replacing the fuel pump fuse. I had an issue with my car starting up fine, but if I let off the gas it would die. Replaced the fuel pump fuse and all is well with that issue now. Old fuse looked fine, but wasn't holding.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 PM
RebelX
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill give that a try. it was 54 No Cam signal at PCM, that was with the new sensor. ive since put the old one back in...least i know the car will start with it after some cranking.

Quick Reply: camshaft sensor