Won't start, 98 Dodge Neon

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 12:11 PM
chew*
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by linkmaster6
Tell me something...
I'm going to assume that that diagram is more a less a generic engine electrical diagram and not specific to any particular engine or car, that lead going from the generator to the starter that has the fusible link in it is that an actual fuse?
It's not generic, it is specific to the model and year that you gave.

A fusible link is not really a fuse, it's is a wire type fuse that in case of short will melt and it should have nothing to do with your problem unless you had charging issues.

That is the entire starting circuit for your model and year. Your problem is in that diagram somewhere unless you have factory anti theft and a chip in your key which I tend to doubt.

If car has aftermarket alarm or remote start however you will have to work out there wiring from the manufacturers site.

Last edited by chew*; 09-24-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 PM
linkmaster6
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah ok. Finally got enough hours of daylight after work to get the starter back in and do a little poking and prodding, looks to have just been a ground issue. I believe from the look of the cables running from the battery I should grab some 8Ga from work and some new ends.
Which ever one of the previous owners of my car seems to have like to mickey moused things together. I'm going to take a shot of it here at some point and see if anyone has a any light to shine on it.

Thanks for the help Chew

Quick Reply: Won't start, 98 Dodge Neon