1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

looking to buy another neon need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking to buy another neon need help

well i went and looked at this car....runs pig rich kid said battery died and it lost tune. I have had 2 neons before one with a hahn kit. but never one with the tune i ran the sohc ecu with good luck on mine. so what i am asking is does this seem like a ok deal and does that make sense that the ecu could loose tune after a dead battery seems kinda dumb to me.

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/2697764378.html

Old 11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Neon-Jeep-Dart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a neon that I thought was a great deal, turns out I got not a lemon, but it damn sure made me want to take a second look. I would just make sure you look it over really good, check for fluid leaks, check for damage a normal eye wouldn't see. take two or three friends with you for extra sets of eyes..... they might see something you dont... be careful but the guy makes it look good for sure... see why he is getting rid of it and question it. the battery dying shouldn't make it lose tune by the way, or we would see that all day long on other cars... something else is wrong

Last edited by Neon-Jeep-Dart; 11-29-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:32 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Neon-Jeep-Dart
I just bought a neon that I thought was a great deal, turns out I got not a lemon, but it damn sure made me want to take a second look. I would just make sure you look it over really good, check for fluid leaks, check for damage a normal eye wouldn't see. take two or three friends with you for extra sets of eyes..... they might see something you dont... be careful but the guy makes it look good for sure... see why he is getting rid of it and question it. the battery dying shouldn't make it lose tune by the way, or we would see that all day long on other cars... something else is wrong
my buddies viper has had the battery die and the computer takes a while to relearn everything. Also he is selling cause he is a month behind on rent and had a kid....blah blah blah..... i am going to double check it tonight again and might trailer it home who knows

Old 11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
das2123
Legend

Unless the "tune" is stored on the portfueler which is powered by the battery.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
dipsherry
Record Breaker

yeah not sure i think i am going to gamble and go buy the car....wish me luck if not you guys will have a part out feasting lol

Quick Reply: looking to buy another neon need help