1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Replacing Front end Damage? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Terry Ronk Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Front end Damage? Anyone?

Has anyone replaced front stub or front end of a Dodge Neon? This is a Race car IMCA Jr Hornet class. We were racing last night, tire blew, car took hard right into the wall. Wondering if I should try and straighten it? Replace it? Or start over? Its on the Right side of the car bumper pushed back, motor got pushed back strut looks like it might be pushed back a little. Right behind the strut almost to the firewall has a little bit of a bend to it. Any help or idea's would be great.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Ronk Jr.
Has anyone replaced front stub or front end of a Dodge Neon? This is a Race car IMCA Jr Hornet class. We were racing last night, tire blew, car took hard right into the wall. Wondering if I should try and straighten it? Replace it? Or start over? Its on the Right side of the car bumper pushed back, motor got pushed back strut looks like it might be pushed back a little. Right behind the strut almost to the firewall has a little bit of a bend to it. Any help or idea's would be great.
I am not much of a body repair guy. But I know people that have cut the front clip and welded it to another car. In my opinion... With neons as cheap as they are I would start over and swap everything to the new car that you need. I dont have much experience with race cars either so it may be more work then I think. It may be cheaper to have a shop pull the frame. But if it isn't done right, the structure wont be as strong for the next time you hit the wall and cause even more issues.

Quick Reply: Replacing Front end Damage? Anyone?