1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Heater core repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:53 PM
LawlWheelDrive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater core repair

Hi i got a call from my friend the other day and he asked me to help him replace the heater core in a 95 neon coupe that his girlfriend just bought for her daughter. It was supposedly soaking the interior with water. We have everything needed for the dash to come out but the the Wire harness. We undid the fusebox on the driver side but in the middle it splits off and gos to the firewall and the other to to floor under the gear select to the tranny (i am assuming) these two sections of wire have no clips to undo and basicly has the dash tied in place, with the dash tied in place we cant remove the duct work that sits on the heater core. I orignialy came over to help him undo a couple of bolts his ham hands couldnt reach with my flexible Chinese skinny arms, i just kind of got sucked into the project after and want to see it through to the end now, anyone mind shedding some light or sharing some tips? My friend said he did some research into how to do this the proper way but he isnt exactly the brightest cookie in the drawer so i want to make double sure we arnt missing anything.

Quick Reply: Heater core repair