1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:52 PM
tad32287
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio problems

I put a new cd player in not too long ago and just recently left town for 2 weeks. When I returned the radio/cd player would only allow the volume to go so high before it started cutting in and out. I figured it was just the radio and bought another, and it is doing the same as the last. What would cause this? Bad ground, lose wire? Is this heard of for neons?

Old 09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: radio problems

Could be a lose wire or bad ground. I would lean more towards a bad speaker and the overload is kicking in on the radio to avoid damage.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:15 PM
ChrisVZ

You may want to make sure that you dont have a speaker shorting out. I have a similar problem. One of my rear speakers had a broken wire clip from trying to put too much stuff in the trunk. At lower volume the wires would hang straight down and not cuse a problem. When volume is increased though the wires would jump and ground out on the speaker frame. A little piece of duct tape fixed that . Have bought new speakers and will be replacing them as soon as I figure out how to remove the carpeted cover over them under the back window.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
illegalneon

sounds like a bad speaker wire, i myself had that same problem in my toyota corolla and i found that i had a bad speaker wire connection and replaced them try checking all off the contacts on the speakers to make sure they are properly connected and not touch anything to ground out (i.e speaker framing )

Quick Reply: radio problems