1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Alternator Replacement Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:17 AM
elnoyl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator Replacement Please Help

I have a 95 neon Sport with the 2.0 sohc motor with a 5 speed manual tranny. My alternator crapped out on me and i need to replace it. What tools do i need? what size sockets? do i go through the passenger side fenderwell? A how to or a step by step would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

Old 11-18-2005, 02:43 AM
cam67
Default RE: Alternator Replacement Please Help

Yea I just replaced mine a couple weeks ago. yea you got to take the front passenger wheel off the take the wheel well cover off that covers the alternator there will be a bracket on the bottom of the alternator take them off and there will be a bolt on top its a t bolt is to adjust the tension on the belt on the alternator so if the new alternator needs tightening or losing its on the side of that top bolt you got get under the car and put your hand up between the firewall and alternator bracket. I hope this helps you some what[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-18-2005, 02:46 AM
cam67

Here is the next page in the book it wouldn't let me put both pages on at the same spot on the first page.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:21 AM
95SPRTcpe
Rookie

not sure if this way is easier or not, but when i had to change mine i didn't take the wheel off i just did it from on top and under the car then a i just droped down the cat off the header to take it out.

Quick Reply: Alternator Replacement Please Help