1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Dodge Neon race car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Tom1971
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Neon race car

[SIZE="6"][SIZE="5"]

I got a 98 Dodge Neon race car SOHC. I have had some problems last year with it like losing power or feels like its in 3rd when its in second(bogging down feeling) All this was happening when another car would get into the back of me and it would get that boggy feeling, then if I shut it off and turned it right back on the power would be there. Now it happened today, but this time it was when going into the turn to hard and the car was upset and when coming out of the turn It felt right boggy. switched the power off and back on and it fixed that feeling. Could anyone please let me know what this could be. After talking to some other Neon racers at the track they had the same demon at them. Please send your thoughts very much appreciated.

Tom Stewart
Stewart Racing

Old 06-26-2017, 08:04 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Could be anything. What modifications have you done to the engine? I assume you know a bit about cars since you race them. Have you done anything yourself to rule out obvious things? Like a tune up?

Old 06-27-2017, 07:39 AM
Tom1971

No mods our class is stock, so the only things we do is for safety. stock everything. Please do reply if ya got some info, thanks.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:22 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Clogged catalytic converter, clogged air filter low fuel pressure lack of proper maintenance, etc. Start with a basic tune up. Plugs, filters, oil change, etc. Verify fuel pressure. Clean the TB. Scan it for stored codes.

Old 04-18-2021, 08:31 PM
mocksi

This car is pretty rare nowadays. One of my friends was searching a lot of time for this model. They became very rare on the market. Anyway, after a few months of searching for one in good condition, he bought it. But in a week, he crashed it. It was a very awful experience for him. He was lucky with the insurance company that he signed. The guys from there transferred him the money in a few days. He works only with companies from https://www.car.co.uk/motor-insurance. It's a very well-known platform where you can find the best insurance offers.

Last edited by mocksi; 04-20-2021 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon race car