1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

98 dodge neon overheated / won't start

Old 07-09-2017, 01:03 AM
Jhonathan Angus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 dodge neon overheated / won't start

My car broke down, and I need somebody who knows about cars to tell me what they think: is it worth a try to fix it?
All the water dumped out of my radiator on the freeway and it was too late when I realized it was super hot... it died.
Walked to get some water and when I returned, my radio, battery, phone and tools where stolen... kick me while I'm down.
I got it towed and replaced the radiator that was leaking, battery, thermostat and radiator cap... still wouldn't start.
Removed the spark plugs and they were wet/oily... shoot.
Removed the valve cover and confirmed the camshaft is moving (hopefully not ruined or anything else)...
It shoots water out of the first spark plug hole when I crank it...
Pretty sure that's the head gasket?
No water in the dipstick, water in all plug holes though...
Also notice wet oil around back of oil pan/motor...
Should water shoot out of all the holes if there was oil on all the plugs, or just the one?
What else should I look for to be damaged if I begin this? What else should I change anyway, and is it worth it?
It's a 98 dodge neon and all the other parts are practically new (radiator (a little too late smh), starter, belts, timing belt, water pump, sensors, spark plugs and catalytic converter), so I would hate to junk it, but can't afford to waste money on a lost cause.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Search this Thread