1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

please help....

Old 07-17-2018, 01:17 AM
janelle97neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help....

A coworker of mine, only worked for us 7 days, we have a family tire business, he made a HUGE impact on us as a family. 19 years young, worked his butt off and a gearhead come to find out. With being in business over 50 years, we knew he had great potential and was looking forward to his future with our business and to us as family like all our other employees. He tragically was taken from us in a car accident after 7 days working with us. He was driving a 2003 srt4 neon. The last day he worked was a Saturday and we talked about his car before he left, he pulled in the front because he forgot his drink. so, I was attracted to his car, always liked the neons and being n srt4...but anyways, we talked and talked, last memory of him, was told him thanks for the hard work and be careful. he died less than 36 hours later. His Grandma just called me about a month ago, he had a 97 neon, his project car and she wanted to give it to me if I wanted it, I was totally shocked and beyond honored. So I got it tagged and on the road. needs work but it is loved for sure. I want to fix it up in his honor and memory. I need some help. under the hood is a 2.4L non turbo.....97 neon only was a 2.0L right? looking up parts and that looks like what im finding. but don't know much about them. it is a manual as well. so any help would be greatly apricated. sorry for the long post and im new to this page, so apologizing in advance. thanks so much!

Old 07-17-2018, 07:11 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

If it's a 2.4, it was swapped. There was no 2.4 offered in 97. 2.4 turbo was offered in 2000-2005. First step is identifying exactly what engine is in it.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:58 PM
janelle97neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
If it's a 2.4, it was swapped. There was no 2.4 offered in 97. 2.4 turbo was offered in 2000-2005. First step is identifying exactly what engine is in it.
Thanks so much. Yeah, it's not a turbo. It dohc 2.4. so when ordering parts, do I put in a 2000, is that best. Can you turbo this engine?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: please help....