1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

2.0 intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Ramrat
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.0 intake

was looking for a intake for the 2.0 and not having much luck, all i've found so far is the indy, but have heard on here that i was built with one build in mind. with income tax returns coming up we're looking to start a build on a 96 coup MTX and i'm trying to decide on a 2.0 or the 2.4 swap, two main factors are of course money and time in the barn. my main goal is to break 500 hp. the in take on the 2.0 sofar has been the hardest to find, so i guess what i'm asking is "is there a after market solution or do i need to look into a coustom job for the 2.0 SOHC?

Old 12-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Gary Howell
Professional
Default RE: 2.0 intake

It sounds like the Indy is exactly what you are looking for. The Intake is very well designed, and performs well. I use them on my performance cars to very good effect.

The one shown is on a DOHC engine swap in a 2gen. That really helps the engine breath and will make it easier to hit your power goal

Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

The Indy isn't that bad as a turbo manifold. For less money you could find a used modified stock manifold (box style) that's just as easy or easier to install, but those are getting harder to find now (no one is selling them "new" that I know of anymore...). Decide now though if you are sticking with your 2.0L SOHC or doing the 2.4L (DOHC only) swap... the intake manifolds are not interchangeable.

Best of luck!

Old 12-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Gary Howell
Professional

The are no stock "box manifolds," there were some backyard home brew welded up. There was no consistancy in how they were made, peformance was all over the map with them, and many cylinders got different volumes of air because of poor design. They pretty much went away when the Indy came out, because it is consistant and I high quality piece.

ORIGINAL: RadarLove

The Indy isn't that bad as a turbo manifold. For less money you could find a used modified stock manifold (box style) that's just as easy or easier to install, but those are getting harder to find now (no one is selling them "new" that I know of anymore...). Decide now though if you are sticking with your 2.0L SOHC or doing the 2.4L (DOHC only) swap... the intake manifolds are not interchangeable.

Best of luck!

Old 01-16-2006, 10:36 PM
notallhere
Rookie

Gary has something there about the Indy, i got one and love the way it has picked up my 97 SOHC,shes a screamer with it
Got more parts coming and cat wait for them to get here. Go for it!

Aaron

Old 01-17-2006, 02:38 AM
neon1985
Professional

i agree with the indy being a high quality piece that presents good gains, but i've heard from many neon owners that there low end power decreased while their top end increased i'm not sure exactly why but that is what i've heard.....

Old 01-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Ramrat
Professional

We're gona go with the 2.2 stroker from Gary when we have $ for it and put the indy on her, i talked with a guy that has one on his 2.0, and he loves it. he let me drive it and with the set up he has i was impressed, the whole top end was redone for better breathing all the way to the back bumber and she's a snotty little thing. Gary you WILL be hearing from me alot over the next year or so LOL!

Quick Reply: 2.0 intake