1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Painting the interior of my neon.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 06:49 AM
ryhorn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting the interior of my neon.

Hey guys,
I want to paint my interior of my neon but I kinda need an ideal. I like the colors candy apple red, black, and white. Not so much on the white though. Anyone has ideals, pictures they would like to share. Oh yeah before I forget, what kind of paint would you suggest I use. Thanks a lot you guys.
Aloha,
Ryhorn

Old 01-22-2006, 01:01 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: Painting the interior of my neon.

I used silver and black with mine, I used 180 grit sand paper for it, I also did my back seat like that too with fabric from walmart, it came out real nice. Ive seens real nice cany apple red and gloss black pictures. I have pics of my interior process around here some where If I can find them I will show you

Old 01-24-2006, 04:51 AM
98Neon4Door
Professional

I painted mine a carbon metalic silver, just parts of the dash (guage cluster cruse controll cover air bag cover (passg side) glove box heater/ac cover) I like the way it looks. Not a real dramatic change from the stock black but enough to be noticed. I also clear coated mine. I did everything with a rattle can but when I actually get my car painted I'll match the interior with an airbrush.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:12 PM
casper
Legend

Sand it with some fine sand paper and use a plastics paint. You can get some cans in autozone or pepboys, home depot sells a paint by krylon. If you don't see any colors you like look for an automotive paint store and they can mix you any color from white to a candy apple pearl for plastic.

Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

Hey I put some picks in my photo album take a look, the back and side panel match the rest of the inside of the car, Ive been thinking about changing it though

Quick Reply: Painting the interior of my neon.