1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

converting a neon to rear wheel drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 11:30 PM
neonph944
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting a neon to rear wheel drive

I have a 1998 neon that i want to convert to rear wheel drive. I would like to know if anyone has any info for me or knows of any websites that deal with converting a front wheel drive to a rear wheel drive.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:13 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: converting a neon to rear wheel drive

[sm=dontgetit.gif]. Its really almost a total waste of money man uless your building it for strictly track use and the thing is gonna run 10s. It s a novel idea. Im not shure about RWD conversion. www.allpar.com might be able to help you.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:26 AM
gutted
Veteran

It's only been done a handful of times. For the money you'd spend on doing it, you could create a little fwd monster.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:32 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Someone on this site was dropping a V8 and doing a RWD conversion on a Neon.....was actually pretty cool....I remember it being posted back around August-September of last year....

Old 02-10-2006, 08:20 PM
casper
Legend

Sounds like an idea. Its gonna be expensive and require a lot of custom work. If you have the experience to do it yourself it won't be too bad, but if your gonna pay someone to do it forget it, its not worth the time and money.

Old 02-13-2006, 08:07 PM
neonph944

What I plan to do to this car is take it to the max! I want to drop in a V10 viper motor just because i have never see it befor. My cars have been known to turn heads, and thats what i am going for, pure shock factor. I have the ability to do my own work and I have the tools. The way the car sits in its current state it is a head turner with it House of Color highlighter yellow paint job and all of its performance modifications, But its just still not enough!

Old 02-13-2006, 10:53 PM
metalkid88
Professional

ORIGINAL: neonph944

What I plan to do to this car is take it to the max! I want to drop in a V10 viper motor just because i have never see it befor. My cars have been known to turn heads, and thats what i am going for, pure shock factor. I have the ability to do my own work and I have the tools. The way the car sits in its current state it is a head turner with it House of Color highlighter yellow paint job and all of its performance modifications, But its just still not enough!

good luck trying to fit a viper motor in a neon i dont even kno if thats possible and still somewhat maintan a stock look

Old 02-13-2006, 11:43 PM
casper
Legend

LOL, I would love to see a V-10 in a neon that would be cool as hell. I would think that your gonna have to stretch the frame, or drive from the backseat to make it fit. That would definalty be a shocker.

Old 02-14-2006, 02:48 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: casper

LOL, I would love to see a V-10 in a neon that would be cool as hell. I would think that your gonna have to stretch the frame, or drive from the backseat to make it fit. That would definalty be a shocker.
Im shoked hes even thought of trying to put a V-10 in a Neon.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:34 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my boss has a 1995 dodge neon with a to-the max small block 400, rear wheel drive, straight pipes, wheelie bars...etc. it is only for the drag strip though, but it will run low 7's. only thing is that he had to build a custom chasis, then cut the body off of the neon and set it on the new frame. lot of work but the neatest thing you will ever see.

Quick Reply: converting a neon to rear wheel drive