1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

how about some specs??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:06 PM
unlead
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how about some specs??

Hi everyone! I'm from quebec canada, I apologize for all the errors I can write. i've heard something i realy want to be answered!!!
First of all... 2,0L dohc and 2,4L dohc(turbo or not) about de engine itself... witch parts are the same...(same block, same head, etc)???
i've already complete de dohc swap on my 97 , i've burn the sohc engine realy bad(see my page for pics)so i've found(by the force of nature... in quebec 2,0L dohc are rare item in junk yard(don't know why...... :P) realy simple even I didn't have the dohc harness... i've modified the sohc(a couple of connector to change and extend one of them)
The question is....can i switch the stock dohc computer by the ACR's???
Where can y bougt one of those INDY intake(shippable in canada)???
I've seen individual throttle body for the 420a(the 2,0L dohc), where can i find them??????and does it fits the 2,4L too????

Old 03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
Ramrat
Professional
Default RE: how about some specs??

don't have all your answers for ya but i can tell ya that the 2.0 and 2.4 use differnt blocks, heads, intakes, monts, just about everything but the gas.
as far as shiping to canada i don't know but this site has the indy( http://modernperformance.com/dcx/95-...ne-trans.shtml ) as well as howell automotive. as for your other questions i'm not sure at this time (brain is mush right now)

Old 03-14-2006, 12:12 AM
unlead

it look weird about the engine..... i'll check up the dealers to find it.. no problem about your brain... i keep mine in shape(if I can say) :P

Old 03-14-2006, 01:47 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

The Doge 2.4L DOHC that came in the Caravan, Breeze, PT Cruiser, etc. has the exact same head as the Neon 2.0L DOHC. The swap is fairly common now, most people just swap the entire engine. The deck height on the blocks are different, different pistons and rods. Similar engine, but really the head is the only thing they share. You can use all but the passenger side mount to put it in, and the other mount isn't too hard to find using google. The cam signal is offset 90 degrees from the Neon, but that's not hard to fix either.

All ACR sedans are SOHC. All ACR coupes are DOHC. You can use the DOHC computer from any DOHC car, you just need to make sure the year of the computer matches the year for your car (actually, the wiring harness...). If you have a '97 Neon, than any '97-99 computer will work. The '96 computers/cars had one pin different. The '95 computers/cars were completely different. Also, if you have an automatic, you will need the computer to be from a car with automatic, or you will lose the torque converter lock-up function, you will get terrible gas mileage, and your tranny will overheat...

It's been a long time since anyone made ITB's for the Neon. There's a lot more to it than just replacing your intake manifold. Fuel control is the major issue, you'd need some sort of standalone engine management that can do alpha-n control, like Megasquirt.

Best of luck!

Old 03-14-2006, 02:50 PM
unlead

whoaaa tks a lot!!! it's great to know that... i'll find what i need very soon..

Quick Reply: how about some specs??