1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

turning signals on mirriors

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 06:26 AM
evilneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turning signals on mirriors

I need help,last night I hooked up my new ero gen 3 mirrors with turning signals built in them. Now I wired them to my 2 fender turning signal lights direct (positive 2 positive)(negative to negative),now I know this is the wrong way 2 do it but i didnt want to tear the stearing colum apart. so they work no prob , intell i pull out the parking light and then the head lights, all the rest of them work when on except the mirrors.but once i turn the parking lights/headlights off the turning signals work? Do I have the wirers switched around or does there have to be a constant ground, like to the battery or frame. or i'm I compleatly wrong? Please help I got a big fling this weekend,and I want theese sob's 2 work. thanks guys.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: turning signals on mirriors

i do believe that the mirrors can either be running lights or turn signals but not both...the mirrors will need a constant ground to work properly...what is probally happening is that when your lights are off then the mirror is getting a ground but when the lights are on then your fender turn signals, both wires become positive...kind takes your negative ground lights and gives them a positive ground...take the ground wire from the mirrors and ground it to the car and then choose which wire to give it positive....either to work with the turn signals or with the running lights...i had a similar problem with mine but i hooked them up to the tailights since the wire for that is right in the kick panel...only mine didnt work unless you hit the brakes, so i had front brake lights...since there is one wire for turnsignal and 1 wire for brake lights....

Old 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
casper
Legend

How many wires did the mirrors have? Mine came with 3, a ground, running lights, and turn signals. Check your wiring, you might have something wired wrong, if they work when you don't have the parking lights on and when you turn them on, it sounds like you have them wired wrong.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
evilneon

no mine came with 3. Ground,amber and blue. I think spuds is right about the consant ground. Im gonna try it tonight.

Quick Reply: turning signals on mirriors