1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

blew my neon

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
smokey420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blew my neon

well let me say i heart neons, i'm 17 and my first car was a 1998 dodge neon sport, it was purple i belive it was called amnathyst (sp?) and it had the cool rainbow laser patern interior
but it was a family car, my dad bought it brand new and put ~100k on it the my sister got it and she put ~50k on it then it came to me and it had already seen hard times my sis had the worst luck the water pump locked and the valve train was blown out so my dad shelled out 1000$ to fix it and it ran perfect when i got her but a few weeks ago it developed the worst case of rod knock and i had nothing else to drive so i just took her to school and back i drove her like a grandma until last monday i was driving and started to climb up a hill and boom the oil light came on and i knew it was her last time on the road limped i her 1/2 a mile to my buddy's house and there she sits waiting to be hauled to the junkyard but first i'm gonna strip thefront seats speakers stereo hood spoiler battery the 1/2 tank of gasand the computer the final milage was 198,867miles just shy of 200K!!! damn i'll always remember the good times but i feel bad b/c after we parked her i beat the hell out of the dash and shattered the window with a freakin ice scaper but the good news is my stepmom has a neon and she just bought a '06 civic hybrid (dern hondas) but she's gonna sell me her 1999 neon for cheap and it's a gem it only has 24k on it garage kept never driven hard hell the engine is only just been broken in and it's gonna see a turbo kit:-) and alot more
NEON POWER

Old 03-30-2006, 11:51 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker
Default RE: blew my neon

Is your 99 SOHC or DOHC?

Old 03-31-2006, 05:19 AM
blindreap3r
Default RE: blew my neon

congrats i guess. get to step up to a new world of neon!

Quick Reply: blew my neon